Jambo! Upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport at 1220 hrs in Nairobi, you will be met by our local representative who will greet you then proceed to Lake Naivasha. It is on the floor of the East African Rift Valley; it is at an altitude of more than 1,800 m. Birdlife is particularly abundant (over 460 species). It is a breeding ground for cormorants all year round. You might see pelicans and spoonbills perched on the dead trees and almost certainly the fish eagle. There are two species of fish breeding in this fresh water lake, black bass and tilapia. The tilapias are ‘mouth breeders’, the various species of fresh water mouth breeders are known as “tilapia”. Large and small frogs are abundant, from the bull frog to the tiny tree toad. Crescent Island in Lake Naivasha is part of the rim of submerged volcano whose crater forms the deepest part of the Lake. On arrival you will be transferred to your lodge. Rest of the afternoon is at leisure.Night stay at LAKE NAIVASHA SOPA RESORT (D)
After an early breakfast, your journey now takes you to the Masai Mara, Kenya’s most famous wildlife reserve. The drive takes you down the Great Rift Valley offering great views over the wilderness and Mt Longonot. Arrive in time for lunch followed by afternoon game viewing drive. We follow the daily activities of its numerous species of animals and birds. Your afternoon enroute game drive will cover the varied habitats and eco-systems present in Masai Mara.Night stay at MARA SERENA (BLD)
A full day game viewing in this park with packed lunch. Explore the part of the Northern Serengeti Ecosystem where the great wildebeest migration takes place. Months before the actual migration the herds ‘assemble’ in Serengeti in readiness for the crossing into Masai Mara. The plain is literally covered with these animals. Grunts and other animal sounds are heard, and territorial fights are commonplace. Night stay at MARA SERENA (BLD)
After an early breakfast with picnic lunch boxes drive to Tanzania via the Isibania border. After clearing with immigration and customs proceed to the Serengeti National Park arriving in the evening with a game-drive en route (time-permitting). Night stay atSERENGETI SERENA LODGE (BLD)
Full day in Serengeti plains with packed lunch, Search for wild game you might have missed the previous game drive. Morning and afternoon game drives. It is the migration for which Serengeti is perhaps most famous. Over a million wildebeest and about 200,000 zebras flow south from the northern hills to the southern plains for the short rains every October and November, and then swirl west and north after the long rains in April, May and June. So strong is the ancient instinct to move that no drought, gorge or crocodile infested river can hold them back. Night stay at SERENGETI SERENA LODGE (BLD)
With picnic lunch boxes depart after breakfast for the Ngorongoro Conservation Area with stops at the Ol Duvai Gorge (site of archaeological findings, where traces of pre-historic people dating back to 3.5 million years have been discovered). and Shifting Sands before proceeding to Ngorongoro Sopa Lodge. Arrive in the late afternoon for dinner.Overnight at NGORONGORO SERENA LODGE (BLD)
After breakfast, proceed on a full-day visit to the crater floor with packed lunch. Our 4×4 vehicle takes us down the steep walls of the Caldera into the primeval paradise of woodland, lake, river, swamp and plain that shelter approximately 20,000 animals. In the crater, see a spectacular array of wildlife including the “Big Five”. The crater has a variety of ecosystem including grassland forest and swamp. The lake on the crater floor is a home to flamingos and many other species of birds. Spend the rest of the day at leisure.Night stay at NGORONGORO SERENA LODGE (BLD)
After breakfast depart for Lake Manyara National Park for a game-drive. Picnic lunch boxes will be provided for lunch on this day. This park is renowned for the tree –climbing lions and vast flocks of flamingos. This is also the park to visit to see elephants, zebra and buffalo, monkeys while the lake itself hosts hippo (particularly where the river feeds the lake).The birdlife is wonderful as hundreds of species inhabit the park.Night stay at LAKE DULUTI SERENA LODGE (BLD)
After breakfast depart for Namanga Border via Arusha with picnic lunch. After Immigration and Customs procedure proceed to Amboseli National Park, on arrival enjoy game drive in park. This game drive will introduce you to the beauty of this park which lies in the shadow of Africa’s highest mountain, Kilimanjaro (19,340 ft). This area has much game, large and small. Elephant, rhino, buffalo, Burchell’s zebra, eland, Masai giraffe and small species of the antelope family, the common water buck, klipspringer, Grant’s gazelle, impala, topi, and the diminutive duiker among others. Return to your lodge at sunset to watch a spectacular African sunset. Overnight at Amboseli Serena Lodge (BLD)
After breakfast proceed on a morning game-drive in the park before returning to the lodge for lunch. Later drive back to Nairobi and transfer to the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport for flight back to your hometown (BL)
|2640 USD + Air Fare|
|19 May to 27 May 2017|
- Meet and greet service by our local representatives at JKIA and Namanga border.
- Round trip airport transfers in Kenya
- Deluxe Accommodation as described in Itinerary
- Meals as described by B (Buffet Breakfast), L (Lunch), D (Dinner) in Itinerary.
- 1-litre bottled mineral water per person per day whilst on safari.
- Transportation by specially equipped non-air conditioned safari minivan (6 persons in a vehicle) in Kenya and a 4 X 4WD vehicle (6 persons in a vehicle) in Tanzania.
- Services of a professional English speaking driver/guide.
- Game drives, sightseeing and excursions as described in the itinerary, applicable entrance feesComplimentary safari hat per person
- Applicable local and government taxes on accommodation and transportation.
- Temporary membership to Emergency Medical Evacuation Service whilst on safari
- International Airfare & Visa Fees (on arrival)
- Meals not described in the itinerary
- Tips and gratuities to driver/guide; hotel/camp and restaurant staff; room service etc.
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature i.e. telephone/internet usage, laundry, bottled water and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, etc.
- Any optional tours or excursions not mentioned in the itinerary
- Lake Naivasha – Lake Naivasha Sopa Lodge
- Masai Mara- Mara Serena
- Serengeti- Serengeti Serena Lodge
- Ngorongoro- Ngorongoro Serena Lodge
- Lake Manyara -Lake Duluti Serena
- Amboseli – Serena Lodge